Ethics and Compliance Officer Job - Requisition ID:
The Oil, Gas and Chemicals Ethics and Compliance Officer develops, implements, and refines the GBU compliance and ethics strategy and is responsible for implementing the Bechtel companywide ethics and compliance program and related compliance activities within the organization.
This responsibility includes:
: Providing employees with prospective decision:making guidance and answering questions concerning the Bechtel standards of conduct;
: Helping employees who wish to report potential violations of the Bechtel standards of conduct;
: Providing overall oversight and hands:on management of the GBUs ethics and compliance program on behalf of the GBU president and senior managers; and
: In coordination with the GBU principal counsel, assisting senior management to assure that the organizations employees are aware of and appropriately educated about the legal requirements of their jobs.
: Reports to and receives operational and functional guidance from the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer.
: Supervises GBU compliance coordinators and project compliance officers.
: Regular contact with GBU functional managers, project managers, and senior managers.
: Maintains contact with applicable Bechtel functional departments and the Legal Department
: Maintains contact with compliance subject matter experts.
: Maintains contact with other ethics and compliance personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Advises senior management on matters relating to organizational ethics and compliance.
2. Manages issues relating to ethics and compliance within the organization and ensures all issues are appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved, and that confidentiality of information is maintained.
3. Collaborates with business units, area offices, project sites and functions and directs ethics and compliance issues to the appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
4. Develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides guidance for avoidance of similar issues in the future
5. Directs and oversees the institution of an effective communication program for the organization to heighten awareness of ethics and compliance.
6. Conducts compliance risk assessment reviews and identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and determines the degree of compliance with controls as set forth in Bechtel policies, management instructions and procedures.
7. Consults with the GBU managing counsel and compliance subject matter experts to determine whether any additional compliance training is indicated to supplement the companywide core compliance training curriculum and, if so,
: Develops an appropriate supplemental compliance education plan for GBU employees;
: Maintains appropriate records to track compliance with the plan;
: Provides periodic reports to the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer on progress against the plan; and
: Periodically reviews the education plan to ensure compliance with this procedure.
8. Ensures GBU employees are fully aware of their ethics and compliance training obligations, while reinforcing the value this training brings to their daily activities.
9. Appoints and directs project compliance contacts and/or coordinators as necessary to assist with the implementation of the ethics and compliance program within the GBU.
10. Provides oversight and direction to the GBU project compliance officers.
11. Performs additional tasks and duties at the request of the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer.
: Excellent written and oral communication skills.
: Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities with varying levels of management and staff
: Must exhibit excellent time:management skills by achieving departmental goals and objectives, while working in a high wo